How does Chat.org work?
Chat.org provides free Internet audio, video chat services for personal use. With Chat.org Audio/Video Chat, live audio and video can be broadcast from almost any PC running almost any operating system including Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, and Android with a camera or video capture device. Flash Player 8 or newer required. To start Chat.org Audio/Video Chat, please go to the Chat.org home page and click Start.
What do I need to start broadcasting?
To begin broadcasting live video, you need:
After you start the Chat.org Videochat you can select your cam, and choose to broadcast live.
- A webcam or video capture device connected to your computer and functioning properly.
Flash Camera Compatibility
- A Chat.org account, they're free and easy to make.
Where can my broadcast be viewed?
All public broadcasts can be viewed:
- On the Chat.org.com web site on the network you choose.
- On your personal Chat.org profile that will be generated when you create a new Chat.org account.
How much does it cost?
Chat.org provides free services for those who wish to create live webcams, view live webcams and communicate through real-time chat.
- Free Broadcasting - unlimited personal broadcasting from your own webcam for the first 30 days.
- Free Viewing - unlimited viewing of live cams with real-time chat.
How do I change my nickname?
You can change your nickname once every 30 days. To change your nickname, click on My Account and scroll down to the Change Nickname section.
How can I find my password if I forgot it?
Please use the password reset utility by clicking on the Forgot Password link on the login screen.